It’s a simple and very clever guide to commenting on Blogs – this will help us with our literacy goal for next term to read and comment on more blogs during the week.
I’d like you to think about whether we can add to this guide. Add your thoughts below in the comments.
I’ve copied her guide over to here (I hope she doesn’t mind) and I’m following the first rule by acknowledging Mrs Tolisano as the author. That’s a very important thing to do.
Here is a short and simple guide for my elementary age school students.
- Acknowledge the author of the blog post.
- Let the author know if you agree with him/her and why.
- It is also ok to disagree with something, just let the author know why you feel that way.
- One word comments are not very useful. Writing just “cool” or “nice” are not very helpful and don’t let the author of the blog post really know what you are thinking.
- Always make sure you follow “netiquette”. Think if it is appropriate BEFORE you hit the submit button.
- Always be polite . It does not matter if you agree or disagree with what you are reading in a blog. Don’t write anything you would be ashamed of saying to someone’s face. Don’t hurt somebody’s feelings.